Why Regular Dental Check-ups Are Important to Your Health
June 2021 / DENTISTRY
Have you had a dental check-up yet this year? Many people have been skipping their cleanings since the start of the pandemic, and if you’re one of them, it’s time to call your favourite Caledon dental office to schedule an appointment. The team at Caledon Dental Centre has been working hard and making significant investments to provide you with a safe, clean environment so you feel comfortable continuing the regular dental visits that are so important to your health and wellbeing.
Regular dental cleanings do more than just maintain a bright, happy-looking smile; they can also make a big difference in your general health. Poor oral hygiene has been linked to several serious illnesses including bone loss, heart disease, strokes, cancers, and more. And while proper oral hygiene begins at home with a regular brushing and flossing routine, in order to ensure your teeth, gums, mouth and tongue are healthy, it’s important not to skip your regular visits to the Caledon Dental Centre.
Still not convinced that seeing us regularly is important? Here are some reasons why:
- Want a bright, white smile? Regular cleanings by your dental hygienist help give you the confidence that comes with a stain-free smile by removing most of the stains that make your teeth dull and discoloured.
- Want to keep your natural teeth? Dental cleanings include gum inspections, and these can prevent gum disease, helping you keep your natural teeth for a lifetime.
- Want to catch problems early? Routine dental cleanings can give your Caledon dentist and team the opportunity to check for cancers of the mouth. These cancers are often easily treated if caught early.
- Want to stay heart-healthy? Getting your teeth your cleaned every 6-9 months prevents more than just gum disease, it can also reduce your chances of having a heart attack and/or stroke.
- Want to avoid serious dental problems? Seeing your dentist can help stop a small problem from becoming a big problem, as these check-ups make it easy for your dentist to detect early signs of problems such as broken fillings and fractures.
Professional dental cleanings give your dentist and hygienist the chance to compare your current state of oral health to how your mouth looked on previous visits, so we can tell you if things are improving, or step in to help if they are not. Call the experts at Caledon Dental Centre today to schedule an appointment.